Welcome to Chiang Mai, Thailand!
Chiang Mai is a city nestled in the hills of Northern Thailand and no visit to Thailand is complete without coming here. It's a culturally significant Thai city with dozens of temples that date back centuries - yet this city has managed to grow into a modern, creative and inspiring city while preserving it's unique Lanna and Thai history.
Chiang Mai is easy to get to and has a huge range of Hotels, Resorts and Apartments to fit any comfort level and budget. Chiang Mai also has amazing food whether you're looking for high-end restaurants or want to try some of the best street food in Thailand. There's also plenty to do and see. Welcome, and enjoy your trip to Chiang Mai!
Where to stay in Chiang MaiHotels & Resorts »
Things to do in Chiang MaiThings to Do »
Getting to Chiang MaiGetting Here »
Chiang Mai has a lot to offer every kind of visitor:
- Backpackers flock here for the cheap, clean hostels and authentic, inexpensive food.
- Those looking for luxury and relaxation stay in 5 star resorts and spas.
- Aspiring chefs come to be students and learn how to cook traditional Thai food.
- Tourists wander around the walled "old town" which contains dozens of temples to explore.
- Vegetarians, vegans and the health conscious come and love the many vegetarian restaurants!
- Animal lovers come to feed, water and bath with elephants at one of the nearby Elephant Sanctuaries.
- Digital nomads and business start-ups come to get some work done using the fast internet connections.
Ready to find a hotel in Chiang Mai?
Chiang Mai, Thailand has a huge variety of hotels, boutique guesthouses, apartments and luxury resorts to choose from. Be sure to check out our recommended places to stay!Find a Hotel in Chiang Mai »
CNXGuide.com is an online resource to help you research and plan your trip to Chiang Mai, Thailand. The hotels, resorts, apartments, restaurants and attractions listed here are places I have personally been to or have had people recommend to me.
I hope you find this information useful. Thanks for visiting and enjoy your time in Chiang Mai and the rest of Northern Thailand!
If you have any questions, comments or corrections, please contact me.